Who’s covered by a family policy?
So you’re taking the kids this time? World Nomads loves nothing more than seeing our future Nomads exposed to the wonders of the world at an early age which is why we’ll cover your kids or grandkids for free on your family policy. We’ll even cover up to 8 of your kids if you’re brave enough to take them all! Be sure to list them as dependants when you buy your family policy so they’ll be covered.
- Mum and Dad plus their dependent children (as long as at least one the travelling adults is a legal guardian of the dependent kids then you’re good to go on a family policy.)
- Nana and Grandad plus their dependent grandkids.
What is a dependant?
That would be your kids or grandkids who are:
- under 21 years when you buy the policy
- not in full time employment (if they're working full time they can pay their own way, right?).
- travelling with you for atleast 50% of your holiday.
If the kids are free, are they still covered?
Yep! No need to worry as your kids are covered up to the same limits even though they are travelling for free.The benefit limits shown on the Family policy are the maximum amount payable per policy anyway.
So to give you the idea, if you buy the Explorer plan your medical cover is unlimited for all those listed on the policy and the dental cover is $1,000 per policy no matter how many are listed.
Got a question? Just ask World Nomads
“The perfect choice for independent travellers”
World Nomads Travel Insurance was reviewed by Reviews.com on 16 Jan 2014 and rated 4 stars
Travel Insurance Special Offer
Subscribe now for a special offer on World Nomads Travel Insurance